Friday, May 11, 2012

Today was busy...

So I didn't get to write as much as I had hoped.

This seems to be a theme.

On the bright side, my boss very generously gave me the fabric that I was about to buy for free, as a wedding gift.

The fabric is indigo-colored silk crepe de chine. This means:
  1. It's an amazing color, like navy with more personality. (As my roommate Alex says, navy is for quitters, and Ben and I have adopted the family motto of "No excuses, play like a champion." Therefore I need some navy with punch, yo!)
  2. It's crepe de chine, so it's got a matte-er look to it, it drapes like a chocolate fountain, and it's hand washable, which is especially great because--
  3. It's silk, so it breathes and feels AMAZING. And because of the crepe de chine thing, it bypasses the ordinary problems of silk (i.e. it needs to be drycleaned most of the time or it spots.)
YAAY.

It's going to make a kick-ass dress. Now I just have to get over the sewing machine fears D:

I also got my nails done in anticipation of the wedding in 9 DAYS! I keep staring at my hands. They have never looked this grown-up before. It's honestly a little baffling. My brain feels like I'm 13, and my hands give me away as a woman in her mid-20s.

When did that happen?!!?

More of the saga of getting to where I am today tomorrow. Tonight, sleep.



1 comment:

  1. I feel exactly the same way about my brain. I renewed my lease the other day and kept thinking about this: http://xkcd.com/616/ LOL.

    That sounds like kickass fabric. :D

    ReplyDelete